For GCS Credit Union members, banking doesn't stop at accounts and loans. We offer our loyal, hard-working members a variety of supplemental services to simplify their banking experience, and life in general.
Access these services online, by phone, in-branch, and more. If you're looking for something specific that isn't listed here or elsewhere on the website, please let us know! We're here to ensure banking is convenient for all our members.
Bank By Phone
Our automated teller, MARTI, can assist you with many transactions minimizing the time you spend at the branch locations. Make transactions and inquiries from home or on the road.
A GCS Member Service Rep will register a unique 4-digit PIN for each member. Just visit a MSR at any GCS branch or call (618) 797-7993 and have your PIN set up.
- To start your call, dial either (618) 797-7005 or (800) 392-8092
- You will then be asked for your member account number and your authorization code (4-digit PIN)
- Follow the voice prompts using the * (star) key to list your choices again and the # (pound) key to return to the previous menu
Save yourself valuable time, and often get access to your money faster, with direct deposit.
- Begin setup using the GCS routing number: 281076853
- Avoid the crowds of people all depositing their checks at once
- Eliminate the possibility of checks lost in the mail
- The Treasury Dept. says more than a million pension and social security checks are late, stolen, or lost in the mail, every year
- There are no delays between direct deposit and when you can withdraw it
- Because fewer people see your check, the process is more secure
Paper savings bonds are no longer sold at financial institutions, but they're not going away. Electronic savings bonds can be purchased online through TreasuryDirect.
Existing paper bonds are still valid and will continue to earn interest for 30 years from their issue date, or until redeemed. You can continue to cash savings bonds at GCS.
Whether you're protecting yourself from fraud and identity theft, or preparing to make a major purchase, it's extremely useful to know your current credit score. TransUnion will not only reveal your score, but guide you through a number of financial education tools as well. All this adds up to more robust credit health.
Check your score today.
- Teller checks
- Fax service
Address Change Request
If you need to change your address across all accounts, you have the following options:
1. Visit one of our branches to complete an Address Change Form
2. Securely make your change online using PCU
3. Download the Address Change Form (PDF) and mail or fax the completed & signed form to:
GCS Credit Union
3970 Maryville Road
Granite City, IL 62040
Fax: (618) 931-1554